Thursday 17 December 2009

LOOKING FOR AMPLIFICATION......

Useful link about amps and speaker power requirements:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/109138.html

I am looking for a portable and easy way of amplifying the 8 speaker cones. So I have been looking at distribution amps or DAs, a link explaining what these are follows:

http://www.extron.com/company/article.aspx?id=selectingda&version=print

DAs would be a good solution if I only had 1 sound source but I need at least 4 separate inputs ( for 4 sound sources which are 4 stereo tracks in logic) and 4 stereo outputs or 8 separate inputs (for 8 sound sources which are 8 mono tracks in logic) to go to 8 mono outputs.

I've been also looking at small power amplifiers circuits, which I found in maplins:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46467

The amplifier can only power one speaker and it needs a voltage transformer to put the voltage from 230Vac to 35Vac which costs another £15, which means I will have to spend £240 to power the 8 speakers. WAY OVER THE BUDGET!!!!

FOUND AMPLIFICATION! OOHOO!

I manage to get 2 amplifiers from ebay that cost me £30 ea
ch, so I can plug 4 speakers. Since I have one amplifier at home i have amplification for 6 speakers. So I need to buy one more amp! They are a bit big, but all the other option I found were quite expensive and don't suit this project!

The amp I had...the cat came with it!













The vintage amps got from ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment